Friday, July 15, 2011

Statistics Are A Crazy Thing

I have never really been one to track things, especially about this blog.  I started it for my own enjoyment and it seemed like fun to share my personal perversions with the rest of the world.  However, recently while visiting another blog I saw the coolest little widget.  It was a world map that had a little markers everywhere a unique visitor was from.  I thought, "That looks cool," so I customized it and added it to the site.  Little did I know that it also collects some really cool general statistics.  Now, don't worry.  It doesn't collect any private information about any visitors.  However, in terms of general geographic data it was quite interesting.
  • I completely expected that most of my visitors would be from the US, Commonwealth Nations & Europe.  What I didn't expect was the strong showing that Latin America would put in.  Apparently Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay & Paraguay have lots of horny guys who share my taste in men.
  • The US topped the list for country of origin of visitors, but I was surprised that Germany came in second.  Willkomen!
  • And can someone please explain to me how there is one person who somehow manages to log on regularly to my site from NORTH KOREA!?!?!?!  WTF!  I thought they pretty much closed themselves off from the rest of the world.  Must be some high level party official who likes to jerk off to pictures of young guys or something.  Or maybe those rumors that Kim Jong-Ils eldest son being gay are true?!?!?  Hmmmmmm...
  • Now here's a really interesting tidbit of information.  According to the statistics, the city with the highest number of Unique visitors to this website for this past week out of all the cities in the entire world is....  DRUM ROLL PLEASE... You'll Never Guess...  Lake Oswego, Oregon!  Blew my mind too.  I had to look the place up.  According to the 2010 census it has only 36,000 residents yet it beat out every other metropolitan area in the world for having the most visitors to my blog.  All I can say is "I LOVE YOU LAKE OSWEGO!!!"
  • Now, if you're visiting me from over seas, then the city with top honors is Edinburgh, Scotland.  Somehow that just feels right to me.  Scotland is my ancestral home, after all, and it hasn't even been that many generations.  It's feels great to be supported by the homeland.  I hope I don't turn off any of my visitors by admitting this, but if I could I'd vote SNP all the way.
  • And, as I finish this post, a HUGE shout out to the most recent visitor to the site (I checked right before I typed this last but) the unique visitor from Blaubeuren, Germany.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails